Full-time position. Harpenden, UK (with travel to client site).
Main Purpose of Job
Our consultants are able to work independently (and as part of a team) to deliver high quality consulting and reports to senior executives and board level stakeholders aligned with ITAMS’ internal IP and best practice methodology.
There are two functions within the role: Pre-Sales (30%) and Delivery (70%).
In Pre-Sales, consultants will be responsible for delivering (and planning), webinars and pre-sales presentations; based on an understanding of ITAMS’ service design, service delivery, advisory and licence consulting services for software and IT asset management to our range of international customers, in accordance with agreed business and personal development plans.
In addition to this, they will be required to respond to RFI and RFP tender documents upon request. As part of our Delivery team, Consultants will be responsible for leading or supporting Advisory, Project and/or BAU activities.
LINE MANAGER: Head of Consultancy
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- Able to identify and articulate requirements to manage the lifecycle of an asset through analysis/requirements, specifications/design, build/test, release and production and decommissioning and disposal or reclamation.
- Design, document and communicate the primary governance accountabilities related to the customer’s IT(IS)’s business management – e.g., consolidated plans and budgets, cost recovery.
- Identifies and documents the ITAM organisation requirements to meet the SAM goals and define further opportunities for improvement.
- Develop processes and reporting procedures to use to inform and update leadership on the effectiveness of the program and documents requirements for maintenance of operational metrics and KPI’s.
- Deliver professional advisory services including audit defence for key vendors (Microsoft, IBM, SAP and Oracle), best practice gap analysis, service design, roadmap and business case generation.
- Assist sales in new and existing accounts to develop opportunities and work with them in the initial stages of the proposals, presentations and service design.
- Assist marketing in planning and delivering webinars on specific areas of licensing and IT asset management.
- Manage your own projects to completion in conjunction with business plans.
- Ensure the quality of any projects you are involved in, including identification, escalation and where necessary management of any risks or issues that occur.
- Contribute to revenue growth and profitability by developing profitable consulting and services sales in new and existing customers.
- Develop trusted advisor status with new and existing customers, ensure strong, long-lasting relationships with senior and executive decision makers and customer PMs.
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge of best practice and licensing for key vendors and products.
- Understand and contribute to the development of ITAMS’ service delivery methodology and ELM/ALM360 tools and services
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Broad understanding of information technology (IT), IT management and operation, and the IT industry.
- Good awareness and understanding of relevant trends, practices and issues in the IT industry and for major vendors.
- Strong understanding of software licensing methodologies, concepts, practices, issues, trends etc., in the IT industry and with major vendors.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and relationships with people.
- Strong understanding of basic financial concepts and practices; aptitude for numbers and financial analysis.
- Strong understanding of basic legal concepts and practices; ability to understand contract terms and conditions and apply that understanding to IT requirements.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in office productivity products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- ITAM education (e.g. CSAM, CHAMP, CITAM); and/or relevant work experience.
- Ability to identify, analyse and resolve issues.
- Process oriented.
- Strong organisation and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent project management, facilitation and co-ordination skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience and education or training in IT management, business management, IT procurement and negotiations, and finance; and/or relevant work experience.
- A business management perspective and focus on information technology, from a broad enterprise (corporate) viewpoint.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organisational and planning skills, integrity, reliability and teamwork.
- Good understanding of and relationships with relevant internal organisations and personnel.
- Ability to interact confidently and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to generate high quality consulting documentation including gap analysis, business case and service recommendations/roadmaps.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team to tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly, integrate and apply new processes and methodologies to their own way of working and manage their own development
- 2-3 years’ experience in the industry
- Consulting experience with ‘blue chip’ companies including engaging with senior management and directors.
- Experience designing and implementing ITAM/SAM programs or practices elements (Policy, Process, Data, Technology etc.)
- Familiarity with discovery and licence management tool experience (e.g. Aspera SmartTrack, Flexera, SNOW, License Dashboard, Microsoft SCCM, ADDM, Altiris, Microsoft MAP toolkit, ILMT)
- Main vendor audit experience – Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP
- Ability to work away from home on projects where needed