Full-time position. Harpenden, UK (with travel to client site).
Main Purpose of Job
The Licensing Analyst will be responsible for delivering licence services for software and IT asset management to our range of international customers, in accordance with agreed business and personal development plans. This primarily covers licence desk enquiries, projects and ongoing services and may involve the use of tools to support these activities or manual work.
Perform licence and contract data analysis for agreed publishers and products.
LINE MANAGER: Head of Service Delivery
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- Reports– Preparation of reconciliation status, compliance and readiness and licence position reports for agreed publishers & products.– Generate licence position reports from unprocessed consumption, contract and entitlement data.– Preparation of risk analysis, exceptions and optimisation reports for customers based on the licence position data provided.
- Data– Perform data analysis and troubleshooting to ensure that data reaches the minimum quality standards, work collaboratively to validate data quality and resolve any issues identified.– Perform data normalisation of discovery, usage and entitlement data from multiple sources to the minimum standard required for use in ITAMS service solutions.
- Aspera SmartTrack– Use Aspera SmartTrack as a primary delivery tool and become ‘expert’ in its administration including import and input of data, analysis and troubleshooting of the data and occasional software recognition and licence modelling.
- Software Recognition– Understand the process of software recognition and be able to analyse and assess software recognition data and identify risks and quality issues.
- Licence Clearing– Understand vendor contracts, entitlement and dependencies and ensure that entitlement data is correctly entered and represented in Aspera SmartTrack and ITAMS service solutions, including linked contracts, upgrades and downgrades, subscription, support and maintenance contracts.
- Licence Desk– Answering, logging and escalating incoming licence desk enquiries.– Managing, researching and closing allocated licence desk requests to the customer’s satisfaction.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Specific vendor licensing knowledge.
- Experience of 3+ years in SAM and data analysis.