Technical Licensing Consultant
Full time position
Hertfordshire based office with travel throughout UK
Technical Licensing Consultant will provide advice and implement asset lifecycle management solutions in high profile client organisations.
We expect the role to rapidly expand as the consultant’s knowledge and confidence builds; this will likely be into implementation and configuration of IT asset management tools on client sites, and/or into pre-sales activities.
AUDIT > RECONCILE > CONTROL
- Technical architect to consult with clients and look at how they manage licences within their organisation and provide solutions for licence management though the implementation of tools and tool integration.
- Develop a roadmap with clients that will enable them to budget and control their assets over a set period, enabling best use of their assets through either the implementation of new tools, vendors or contracts.
- Liaise with the CFO and CIO to design a service line around their solution and document to a high standard.
- To lead the implementation of the solution with the rest of the team within ITAMS and own the relationship with the client.
- Customer facing with minimum of 2-3 years large client professional services experience.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Software recognition and software mapping logic experience. Licence modelling and metrics.
- Integration of tools into discovery data sources and the knowledge of these tools and their Schema such as DDMi, Altiris, SMS, SCCM. Edward etc..
- Integration of tools into reference data sources such as active directory, Citrix, Peoplesoft.
- Understanding of device relationships, virtualisation and usage of licences.
- Data optimisation and cleansing.
- Core database access and comms experience (Oracle/SQL).
- IIS, web services and SMTP integration experience
- SQL query building and core integration/ data exchange/ETL knowledge
- Scripting/programming languages such as PHP and XML.
- Licence tooling knowledge and experience, such as Frontrange, Flexera, Snow, Aspera SmartTrack, USU etc..
- Client server experience, including agent based tools.
- Microsoft networking and server OS experience.
- Core networking and related security.
- 3 years driving experience.
- Ability to work away from home on projects when needed.
- Licence and/or asset management concepts and best practice.
- Unix/Linux experience.
- Experience of outsourcers / managed service providers (e.g. HP EDS, IBM GS, CSC etc.).
- Provision of technical support and efficient ticket / job handling.
- Service management tools experience.
- Software distribution and packaging experience.
- Barcoding, RFID and/or physical IT audit experience.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the organisation.