Senior Project Manager
Full time position. Harpenden, UK (with travel to client site).
Main Purpose of Job:
To own the delivery and planning of projects.
LINE MANAGER: Delivery Director
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- You will be involved in the entire project life cycle from initial Statement of Work in pre-sales, through initiation, planning and delivery into transition to live.
- You will be responsible for delivering projects. This includes elements such as tools deployments, customer process change, governance improvements and initiation of managed services.
- Your duties will regularly include travel and onsite delivery work.
- You will own the end-to-end delivery of a project, including, but not limited to, planning, scheduling, budgeting, seeking approvals, change management, risk management, resource management, stakeholder management, escalation management and more.
- You will own the internal project management framework and be responsible for the management of the project management processes including its on-going review and improvement.
- You will work with the key stakeholders in each account to ensure that you understand the commercial imperatives of the account and can contribute to growing the account in both the customers and ITAMS best interests.
- Matrix management of project resources.
- You will use a structured project management methodology (Prince 2 or similar) to produce project documents, Gantt/CPA, progress reports and use key project control processes to minimise risk.
- You will create and manage a quality assurance framework to ensure consistent high=quality repeatable project delivery based on stage gates.
- You will work within ITAMS and the customers change and release management process ensuring high quality delivery.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the organisation.