Pre-Sales & Consulting Manager
Full time position. Harpenden, UK (with travel to client site).
Main Purpose of Job:
To personally and via the ITAMS advisory services team deliver high quality ITAM & SAM advisory services and pre-sales activities to enterprise clients, whilst ensuring ITAMS commercial success.
LINE MANAGER: Services Director
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- ITAMS Pre-Sales & Consulting Manager is a member of the company’s senior management team and is responsible for;
a) service pre-sales activities and outcomes, triggering projects and managed services in partnership with the sales team
b) delivery of high quality ITAM, SAM and Licence Management related billable advisory (i.e. consultancy) services
c) managing the 5+ employee consulting team to deliver the above two areas, working with the ITAMS Service Delivery (BAU) Manager and Project Managers
In a pre-sales capacity a variety of activities are undertaken including on site presentations, public speaking at events, blogging, marketing content, RFI/RFP content/responses and more.
Advisory services include gap analysis, service designs, roadmaps, ROI assessments, governance assessments, audit defence engagements and SAM process analysis which will later potentially move into projects and BAU managed services, and can also often be considered a pre-sales activity.
The team designs and builds templates and related intellectual property which are used in the delivery of our advisory, project and ongoing managed services. They also define best practice policy, processes and related methods for clients for both SAM and ITAM, often using this pre-defined IP as a starting point.
The consulting team are subject matter experts who act in a mentoring role for other ITAMS staff. They become involved with projects and ongoing BAU services as trouble-shooters, advisors and in a pre-sales context to assist in growing those services.
As services include various technologies such as licence repositories, discovery tools and similar, the role does require a good technical understanding of the way these tools operate and are deployed. Coordination with tools vendors (e.g. Flexera, Aspera, Snow etc) will be needed. Technical pre-sales will be delivered in collaboration with the technical team working for the Service Delivery Manager.
You will be expected to manage your areas activities to a pre-agreed budget and staff utilisation levels and to deliver to agreed dates and milestones. You are expected to be proactive, and to participate in company level management activities.
- Very strong previous experience of licence and software asset management is needed, with hardware asset management / ITAM as additionally desirable.
- People/team management and leadership experience.
- Clear experience of consultancy and delivery management in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working for large corporate and government organisations, and understanding of related culture and challenges.
- Capable of regular travel to client sites, sometimes internationally.
- Excellent document and verbal communication skills.
- Hungry for new methods or knowledge and an active contributor to the industry through events, speaking and whitepapers.
- Experience in IT vendor management.
- Experience in IT contract management, including negotiating pricing, licensing and support terms and conditions with major vendors.
- Gravitas with the ability to manage complex, difficult and often large clients.
- Advanced Subject Matter Expertise with process and policy experience in the SAM and/or asset industry.
- Strong understanding of basic asset related financial concepts and practices; aptitude for numbers and financial analysis.
- Strong understanding of basic legal concepts and practices; ability to understand contract terms and conditions and apply that understanding to IT requirements.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in office productivity products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer facing communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Experience and education or training in IT management, business management, IT procurement and negotiations, and finance; and/or relevant work experience.
- A business management perspective and focus on information technology, from a broad enterprise (corporate) viewpoint.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational and planning skills, integrity, reliability and teamwork.
- Good understanding of and relationships with relevant internal personnel in delivery, marketing and sales.
- Ability to interact confidently and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of licensing issues and evidence of working on Software/Hardware Asset Management projects.
- Discovery and licence management tool experience (e.g. Aspera SmartTrack, Flexera, SNOW, licence dashboard, Microsoft SCCM, ADDM, Altiris, Microsoft MAP toolkit, ILMT).
- Main vendor audit experience – Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle IBM, SAP.
- Ability to work away from home on projects where needed.
- Senior Management role in a small to medium business.
- Familiarity with working for a professional services organisation, with practical commercial experience.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives of the organisation.